What wonderful things keep you going when you are in a slothful slump? What grabs your attention in the midst of your regular routine and whispers “Hey! This is fairly fantastic!” I’m very curious and would really love to know a few things on your Thanksgiving list if you don’t mind sharing. And if you don’t have a list…make one. You won’t do anything else as worthwhile all weekend.
I’m a couple of days late with my list of things I’m thankful for because I’ve been busy in full-on enjoyment of said things. So without further ado…in no particular order…my list:
- Finally feeling that God might – just a bit – actually love me as I am.
- Not being in a lost, dark space where I’ve spent some time in the past.
- A ridiculously fun living situation with my bff and our zoo.
- The family of hummingbirds living in the wine-colored trees across the street who we’ll hopefully get to see feeding just outside our front window all year again. These magic mini-birds encouraged me during the last cycles of chemo and hold a hallowed place in my heart.
- Striped socks
- Lip gloss
- Music – the old reliable stuff and the new gems that offer blessed hope every once in a while that the genuine good days aren’t over.
- Bath lotions and potions for silky scented skin
- My iPad…for so many reasons
- The dogs. They make every day worthwhile and make unconditional love look easy.
- Blouis, my Subaru
- My job. I am so lucky to have a job with easy access to good coffee. And one that uses my natural abilities to allow me to work closely with amazing people I may not otherwise meet. And best of all, I work in a building with a handful of my favorite friends.
- I’m grateful that I’m not burdened with a striving, materialistic heart and that I am easily entertained and distracted.
- Shiny things!
- Pinterest, facebook, amazon.com…the seemingly infinite offerings of interesting things on the interwebs!
- The new camera that I’m getting for Christmas
- Our cozy cottage and my secret garden
This is just a sampling…a puny percentage of the really really long list…but now it’s your turn…